Monday 1 August 2011

Ramadan Mubarak!

To tell you the truth, Ramadan has snuck up on me because I’ve been putting off even contemplating it. I know, I know, bad muslimah! My imaan (faith) is thoroughly worn out and my spiritual batteries need re-charging so I’m hoping I can turn things around this month, Inshallah.

I’ll quickly tell you about my weekend seeing as I never relate my ‘real’ life events. I met up with a friend of mine in Birmingham city centre. We went clothes shopping and visited the Forever21 store. It’s a pleasantly airy store and we weren’t being jostled between the clothes rails which was a nice change from the usual shopping experience.

The biggest surprise came from Topshop. I haven’t bought any of their stuff since the last millennia when I last fit into their clothes. However, when browsing I spied the most beautiful, burgundy, long flowing skirt. I couldn’t believe my eyes. A modest and appropriate piece of clothing? From Topshop? Some mistake surely! I nabbed it and tried it on expecting to be let down. I wasn’t.

I immediately bought it and spent the rest of the day in a state of buyer’s euphoria.

The best thing of all? It was a size 12. yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaah. I heartily recommend any muslimahs to run down to their nearest store and snap it up. The pic doesn't do it justice.

Also, the shopping bag:

... is Slytherin House inspired madness. Amazing.

We ate at Café Soya, a Vietnamese restaurant, for lunch. I ordered a main course meal of papaya vermicelli. A huge plate with a mountain of food the size of Everest arrived and I only managed to eat half of it after much struggling. Papaya vermicelli sweats are not pretty, y'all. I felt incredibly guilty to leave food on the plate so it’s only right that I spend a whole month starving every day as penance.

That’ll learn me.

1 comment:

  1. like this skirt! Nice blog and posts! :))

    http://liberty-walk-sara.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete