Thursday 3 November 2011

Grease lightnin'

OMG, where do I even start?

Okay, so I haven’t blogged for an entire month.   

WHHHHHHHY?  I hear no one ask. 

Well, because I’ve been super busy on a super sekrit project.  I took an entire month and I didn’t have a brain cell spare to compose even the simplest of posts.  October turned into a complete WRITE OFF blog-wise. I’m back now though and raring to blog again.

It’s November and we are well and truly into autumnal weather.  For me that means berry lipstick, butternut squash soup (delish), woolly tights, hot water bottles and an itchy scalp (Yes, that’s right I’m talking dandruff!).  There was a cold snap and my scalp was itching like a mother****er.  Luckily, it’s calmed down now but it freaked me out to have my head feel so irritated.  I was starting to dream of soothing my scalp by pouring olive oil all over my head which brings me onto...

My product for this month which is Morrisons Moroccan bath and body oil.



Argan oil has been making waves in the beauty community so it’s no surprise to find a supermarket version on the shelves.  If you were being cynical you might say this product was jumping on the Argan oil bandwagon (Cynical? Moi? Noooooo) especially with the prominent Moroccan branding and design.  Morrisons version is formulated with sunflower oil, Argan oil and vitamin E so it’s not pure Argan oil.  

I love applying bath oils because I have dry skin and as well as retaining moisture after a shower, I find using oil helps me to feel less cold.  Isn’t that weird?  I can definitely feel a difference – maybe the oil acts as a barrier for exposed skin against the cold air?

This oil doesn't make any outlandish promises except that massaging your skin with oil will also help to make your skin velvety smooth.  I haven't been using my newly acquired oil long enough to know how good it will be for my skin.  I've found olive oil to be the best product for my skin, however, I think this one will do just fine.  I like my oil to smell nice and retain moisture and it does both.  It actually smells pretty gorgeous!

I’m a big advocate for oils and thick, creamy moisturisers in this autumn weather which has been a little crazy.  

Stay warm and beautiful, peeps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment