Tuesday 20 December 2011

ding dong! it's the Avon lady

You know that feeling when you think that buying stuff will make you happier and the more you consume the happier you’ll be so you end up with more and more stuff to fill that empty, aching void in your life?


Well, here’s my review of my Avon order!

I have enough make-up, it must be said but I just can’t resist buying more.  It’s my Achilles heel (that’s been buffed and scrubbed and lotioned to perfection). 



First things first.

Gel eyeliner. 

What’s that all about?

Seriously, it’s all over beauty blogs but I simply don’t get it.  I eagerly tried out my Supershock Avon gel eyeliner in blackened metal, hoping for an easy glide on liner that I could draw onto my lids.  I was bitterly disappointed.  The colour is a faded grey, as if you’ve been wearing it out all day rather than freshly applied and it doesn’t glide on easily with one stroke.  The major selling point of gel liners has been application.  Well, I’m sorry but if you can’t use liquid eyeliner you’re an idiot. Oh yeah, I went there!  I’m sticking to my liquid liners and pencils, thank you very much.  I think gel liner will go the same way as mineral make-up.  Nothing more than a fad.

Much better was my Colour Trend lipstick.  It’s the budget, teen range and the colour is a pretty, glittery sheen of red.  I prefer matte colours but it cost like £1.75 which is ridiculously cheap and it’s quite sheer so I can wear it everyday.  Also, the bullet is shaped into a heart which is super cute!

The nail polish is a purplish maroon colour and very glittery.  At £2.00 it’s an absolute bargain. 

Last purchase was a rose-smelling cuticle balm.  My Burt’s Bees lemon one is running out and this Avon one is a nice little buy.  It smells nice and rosy. My nails are in a good condition from regular application of cuticle cream – will Avon’s product keep up the maintenance?  I’ll only know after using it for a while. 

I find Avon very hit and miss with regards to product quality but it's a 3 out of 4 hit rate so I'm pleased.

So those were my products.  I feel so much better but nothing can escape the void... 

No comments:

Post a Comment