Monday 25 July 2011

current affairs keeps getting currenter and I can't keep up

I’ve already noted twice already that I can’t do current events blogging and yet I keep going back to the well because I can’t help myself. But I need to face facts. I can’t keep up with the news because stuff KEEPS happening.

News is still unravelling on the Oslo killings therefore rendering my meagre one post obselete. Or at least it needs further commentary because I can't just leave it at one post can I? It seems sloppy and lazy not to follow through on the story and I feel the need to be on top of it so I can get the last word in.

I'm just going to have to surrender to the fact that I'm crap at news blogging.

I'd much prefer to leave commentary to writers who are vastly more skilled at this than I am like the awesome Charlie Brooker whose Oslo article is a welcome read.

As for the terrorist himself… well, turns out he was fond of websites by the abhorrent Pamela Gellar and made contact in the UK with the English Defence League. Perhaps we could start to properly condemn these groups and organisations as dangerous and extremist, and deny them a media platform for their anti-muslim hate speech rhetoric? Just a thought.

And that is all I have to say on that.

In other news, guess what came in the post on the weekend?

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

I abandoned my library copy of ‘the junior officers’ reading club’ pretty sharpish (and I was glad too - the soldier jargon was wearying) and I’ve been immersed in the Boy Kershaw’s world ever since.

And it is sooooooooooo effin good. I’m possibly considering writing a fan letter full of embarrassing fangirl praise – it’s that good. Will blog about it when I’m done.

Until then it’s cheerio from me.

1 comment:

  1. I love your comment on my blog regarding L'oreals recent adverts being banned! You are amazing!!

    Will be reading your blog with interest and will follow you on twitter!

    All the best,
    Voe.
    http://lipstick-and-pearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete