Saturday 18 February 2012

The 90s was ace

I've been studiously ignoring the current 90s revival on the basis that I already bought the clothes and lived through the fashion as a teenager – why go through it again?  It kinda ticks me off that I no longer have those clothes any more, and if I did, I probably wouldn’t be able to fit into them.  However, after perusing the clothing racks of Urban Outfitters, digging up old 90s music and reading articles full of wistful nostalgia I have to say I'm kind of onboard with it now.  Nostalgia is such a potent emotion.  It cleans everything up and leaves your memories sparkling with a rosy hue. 

I have hoarder-like tendencies and even though the clothes ended up in charity bags, my boots survived.  I'm now calling them vintage because they totally are according to the 10 years rule:

Being a crafty gal, I keep scraps of paper, card and stickers.  I went through my drawers and found a stash of stickers that used to be given away with magazines like Smash Hits, TV Hits and Just Seventeen.  Looking through them was quite hilarious.  All those forgettable teen idols like… erm… that guy… and… what’s-his-face… along side Keanu Reeves and Brad Pitt.  Take a gander here:



Also this one: 


My favourite sticker is this one though:


Smash Hits is no more sadly (R.I.P) but who couldn't love a magazine that has Hugh Grant's and Divine Brown's mugshot as a sticker? 



No comments:

Post a Comment